Amazon

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

E-Coupons (for my Mom!)

E-coupons are very interesting.  The difference between e-coupons and paper coupons are:


1) You can only use 1 e-coupon per product per transaction.  
Example:  I load a $.50 off 1 Smart Balance butter onto my Kroger card and I purchase 4 Smart             Balance butters, the $.50 deduction will only happen 1 time even though I purchased 4.


2)  You can use an e-coupon AND a paper coupon (at least for now).
Example:  I load a $.50 off 1 Smart Balance butter onto my Kroger card and I have a $.75 off 1 manufacturer coupon.  I purchase 1 Smart Balance butter for $2.50, I will owe $1.25 + tax.  
($2.50-$.50-$.75=$1.25)


3)  Around here e-coupons can only be used at Kroger stores and their affiliates.  Publix, Walgreens, WalMart, CVS, etc. do not offer this option for their shopper loyalty cards right now.


4)  To use an e-coupon you just have the cashier scan your Kroger card.


5)  There is a texting option with the e-coupons but I don't use that so I can't tell you much about it.  Bubba and I have 200 texts a month each so getting texted anything on a regular basis isn't going to happen.  :-)


So, the first thing I would do is get a Kroger loyalty card.  I think you have to do it in the store.  Next, go to the Kroger website and create an online account and tie it into your loyalty card number.  Once you have done that there are 4 sites that you can sign up for to download e-coupons.  There is a limit as to how many your card will hold (I believe it is 150) so be aware of that.


The 4 sites are:


P&G Esaver


Cellfire


Shortcuts


Kroger e-coupons
Standing on His Promises, Mrs. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment

We can't wait to hear from you!