Amazon

Friday, March 4, 2011

Weight Loss

The weight loss goal is going well.  Of course I would love to wake up tomorrow and be at my goal weight but I know it will never be that easy.  I am sitting here in my living room after just getting home from working out and I can't help but to be in awe of God and the way He knit our bodies together.
 13 For You formed my inward parts;
         You covered me in my mother’s womb.
 14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
         Marvelous are Your works,
         And that my soul knows very well.
 15 My frame was not hidden from You,
         When I was made in secret,
         And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
 16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
         And in Your book they all were written,
         The days fashioned for me,
         When as yet there were none of them. ~Psalm 139:13-16

He knit us together, knew what we would look like, what our names would be, and what we would do with our days BEFORE time began.  I don't know if my brain can seriously wrap around that thought.  As I've been working out as I attempt to hit my target weight I have come to an even greater appreciation of the sports word pictures that God uses in His Word.  For example:
1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.~Hebrews 12:1-2


Running with endurance means that you don't start out running 26.1 miles (a marathon) but you start out walking a quarter mile and eventually you jog, slowly, for a whole mile and one day, WAY in the future, you are running a whole 26.1 miles!  Endurance is something that we train for, it's not something that we jump into and pick up in 30 minutes.  Two of my heroes in the faith are people I want to model my life after because they have walked with Christ for well over 40 years, each!  They are CONFIDENT in His provision, they turn to Him FIRST instead of an "expert" in any situation.

My endurance as I walk with Christ is weak because I don't exercise it enough.  Today I jogged for 5 miles straight and I don't remember the last time I did that, if ever.  However, I can spend 10 minutes in prayer in one seating?!?  My physical body now has more endurance because of the work I am doing to lose weight than my spiritual body.  It's time to do some spiritual sit ups so I can hear those desired words, "Well done My faithful servant..."
Standing on His Promises, Mrs. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment

We can't wait to hear from you!