Amazon

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

$71.35 for $6.89 OOP Rite Aid

I headed out to Rite Aid today because I wanted to pick up some more deodorant and a pack of breathe right strips for the wonderful hubby.  After pouring over the ad and Southern Savers site I finally put together a few transactions that took advantage of the deals I was interested in AND had the coupons for.  Here's what I did:
Transaction 1:
1 Tylenol Precise Heat patch $5 (regularly $7.99)
1 Motrin PM $3 (regularly $5.99)
-$1 Rite Aid Q for watching Video Values
-$6/2 WYB various products including Tylenol Precise & Motrin PM
Total Due: $1.42, paid with Gift Card
Got back $3+UP (like ECBs @CVS or RR @Walgreens) & $2+UP
Transaction 2:
3 Secret Flawless Deo $4 each (regularly $5.49)
1 Breathe Right Advantage $3.99 (reg: $5.49)
-$4 B1G1 Secret Deo
-$1 Rite Aid Q for watching Video Values
-$3+UP
-$2+UP
-$2 Rite Aid Breathe Right Q
-$1 Breathe Right Q (manufacturer)
Total Due: $3.97, paid with Gift Card
Got back $2+UP & $1+UP

Transaction 3:
Tylenol Precise Cream $5
Motrin PM $3
-$6/2 WYB various products including Tylenol Precise & Motrin PM
-$2+UP
Total Due: $.56, paid with Gift Card
Got back $3+UP & $2+UP

Transaction 4 (last one):
Lubriderm lotion $7.99
Clean & Clear Face Cleanser $5.99
2 Aveeno Intense Hand Cream $7.49
Aveeno Shampoo $5.99
-$4/$20 Rite Aid Beauty Video Values
-$1 Clean & Clear In Ad Q
-$1 Lubriderm In Ad Q
-$1 Aveeno in ad Q
-$1 Aveeno in ad Q
-$1 Clean & Clear
-$1 Aveeno
-$2+UP
-$3+UP
Total Due: $22.40, paid $15.51 with Gift Card and $6.89 cash
Got back $10+UP & $1+UP

That is how I got $71.35 worth of products for $6.89 out of pocket.  What am I going to do with this stuff?  The Tylenol Precise will be used by both of us when we play softball in the next couple of months.  The Motrin PM...will go in our "Cheerful Giver" box to be donated.  The deodorant went in my stash because when I get down to 5 left I feel like I'm about to run out!  The Aveeno shampoo will be utilized by my hubby who could care less what he washes his hair with.  The 2 Aveeno hand lotions will be used by me during these winter months when they tend to dry out.  I will use the Clean & Clear face scrub (although I do love my Olay ProX).  The Lubriderm will either be donated or added to my great stash of lotions.  My husband is snoozing right now with a Breathe Right strip attached to his beautiful nose and HE IS NOT SNORING!!!  :-)

I would love to know what you do with the "extra" items you buy.
Standing on His Promises, Mrs. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment

We can't wait to hear from you!