Amazon

Monday, January 3, 2011

Kroger Trip

Ah, it was nice to feel like I was back in the groove again.  I wish I could promise that updating this blog would be a daily thing but every time I say that...life gets in the way.  My very, very part time job is no longer very, very part time.  I'm the office manager, regardless of how small the office is, when it's your job to keep everyone organized and on task it's a real job.  I've spent the last couple months pulling things together, cleaning things up, and getting things running as smoothly as possible around there.  I still haven't recovered from our Israel trip in the sense that I don't want to be here anymore.  I'm ready, right now, to move to Jerusalem to live until I die.  Will I ever be glad to be back here again?  :-)  Things at church have been great then really bad but now I think, and pray, it's on an uphill swing.  As long as everyone keeps their eyes on Jesus then no one will sink into the raging sea but continue to walk on the water!  That over simplifies things but it's the most I'll say about it on here.
I did go to Kroger today and I thought that it was a successful trip considering I haven't seriously done coupons since September.  We have been living off, for the most part, the stockpile I had created prior to going overseas!  What a blessing it has been to only have to run to the grocery store for fresh meat and produce!  It just goes to show how the Lord will bless when you use the money He gives you to glorify Him as much as possible.

Kroger Trip:

2 Packs of 10 AA Duracell Batteries $5.47 each
1 bag Food Should Be Good Sweet Potato Chips $2
4 cans Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup .99 each
4 Old Spice Deodorant $2.29 each
2 Old Spice Body Wash $3.99 each
1 Glade Fabric Spray $1.99
2 Secret Deodorant $2.29 each
2 Ready Pac Salad $3 each
1 Ready Pac Salad $1.59
1 Ready Pac Salad $1.49
Sweet Onions $1.26
Bell Pepper .99
Cucumbers $1.98
Roma Tomatos $2.06
Chicken Leg Quarters $3.22
Chicken Thighs $5.87
2 Herbal Essence Shampoo $2.99 each
2 Select Harvest Soup $1.99 each

Kroger Special Buy 4 Save $4:  I got 3 of those so $12 off my total bill
Coupons:
-$2 Food Should Be Good Get 1 Free
-2x$3.99 Buy Old Spice Deo Get Body Wash Free
-$2.99 B1G1 Herbal Essence
-2x$1.50 off Duracell Batteries
-.25/4 Campbell's condensed soups
-2x$1 Secret Deo
-2x$1/2 Old Spice Deo
-$1 Glade Fabric Spray
-.50/2 Select Harvest
-$1 Duracell e-coupon
-$1 Old Spice e-coupon

There are a couple more coupons listed but I don't remember what they match up to.  :-(

Total BEFORE discounts:  $82.79
Total AFTER everything:  $40.46

Not a bad 1st real trip after being out of the loop for a few months.  Looking forward to many more trips like this and even more savings!

Happy New Year y'al!

Standing on His Promises, Mrs. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment

We can't wait to hear from you!