Amazon

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Farmer's Market

Last year I would never have posted this but I just got back and picked up a few wonderful things!  Each year I head down to Perry's Farmer's Market at least once just to look around and was very pleasantly surprised this year.  There were 3 or 4 vendors with actual fresh from the garden produce!  Now, the lady in front of me asked a great question, she asked which produce he grew and which he bought.  He was honest and told her.  She then purchased what he grew and skipped over what he bought.

I love to support local businesses, charities, and farmers so this is a great opportunity!  You get to support local growers AND get some great tasting produce.  The grocery stores just cannot compete with local growers.  I picked up a beef steak tomato, a couple zucchini, some squash, blueberries, and a melt in your mouth cantaloupe!  I was eyeing the watermelon but definitely walked away from it for one reason and one reason only:  it was H-U-G-E!!!  My hubby doesn't eat a whole bunch of veggies or fruit so I have to be careful of the quantity that I buy so that I have enough time to consume or freeze them.  That watermelon was so big that I would have had to freeze 3/4 of it because I would only be able to eat 1/4 of it in a week IF I ate some every single day!

Anyway, I have said all of this to encourage you to head to Perry on Saturday mornings between 8 am and noon for the Farmer's Market.  I cannot guarantee that the growers will always be there but they were there this Saturday and I scored some great stuff.

I am waiting to hear from my Mom who lives north east of Atlanta.  She and Grandma went to Snellville's first Farmer's Market!  If you live around that area then head over there and support your local growers.  Is there a Farmer's Market in your neck of the woods?  Leave a comment and let all those folks in your area know about it.

Standing on His Promises, Mrs. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment

We can't wait to hear from you!