Amazon

Monday, June 28, 2010

Reader Question-Having Fun In Gray

Having Fun In Gray asked this question:  "Is there any way to get the coupons that the people in McDoughna or Atlanta get?!!! A friend when up there and brought me a AJC back once and I got all the good Coupons. Any ideas???" 

The AJC (Atlanta Journal Constitution) does get better coupons than we do.  I noticed that right off the bat when I started couponing.  Thankfully for me, my Grandmother lives in the Atlanta area and gets the Sunday AJC.  She pulls the coupon inserts out and mails them to me every couple of weeks.  One suggestion I have is if you have a family member who is in the AJC delivery area, talk to them about possibly sending you the coupon inserts.  If they already get the AJC and don't use coupons then it will work out great.  If they don't get the AJC then consider buying them a subscription so they will send you the coupons.  You can call the AJC and get the Sunday edition mailed to you for about $161.36 per year.  You can call them at 1-800-933-9771.  I don't know how long it will take for the newspaper to get to your door but it probably won't be Monday.  It will probably be closer to Wednesday (this is just a guess).

There is another option:  if you look at the list of coupons that are available and see a few that you really just want to have, you can use a coupon clipping service like "The Coupon Clippers" (the link is to the right) or try Ebay.  I have bought coupons both ways.  I prefer Ebay and the "Buy It Now" option but the clipping sites are very helpful too.  If you choose to go through Ebay then head over to Ebates first.

Ebates is an online rebate site.  If you shop online quite a bit then head over to Ebates first, search for the store you want to shop at, then go through Ebates to that store site.  When you sign up you will get $5 then some percentage of what you purchase will be given back to you.  Ebates will send you a check in the mail.  I've received 2 checks so far and got a GREAT deal on Old Navy jeans for my husband!  I bought him 5 pair and paid less than $10 a pair thanks to the added savings by shopping through Ebates.  As you can probably tell, Ebates is affiliated with Ebay.  So, no matter what you buy on Ebay, if you go through Ebates first then you will get a little bit of what you spend back.  That was the long way of saying:  go through Ebates if you are going to buy coupons on Ebay!  :-)

Thanks for the great question!  I hope this helped.

Standing on His Promises, Mrs. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment

We can't wait to hear from you!