Amazon

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

**Totals-End of Month and Year to Date~It's that time again!!!

"Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and try Me now in this,” says the LORD of hosts, “If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it."~Malachi 3:10

Have you ever thought about why or why not when it comes to tithing?  Bubba and I tithe off the top of our income which means that we tithe before taxes are taken out.  That is how Bubba has been taught his whole life so that is what we do.  Regardless of whether you tithe before or after taxes: this is the only time in the Bible when God says, "Go ahead, bring it, test Me!  See if I'm not faithful!"  Bubba and I have never wondered where our next meal would come from, we've never wondered how we would pay the power bill or buy groceries, but we've heard the stories that others have told and stand in amazement of how God unfolds His plans for His people.  I firmly believe that the blessings that Bubba and I see every single day and even more so during this year of our grocery challenge and saving for Israel are all due to Bubba's firm, unwavering resolve to tithe every single pay period.  Not only do we tithe but Bubba is a GENEROUS giver!  He relishes the opportunities that God places in his path to be an anonymous blessing to someone in need.  So, as I brag on what God has done this month I hope each of you will remember one thing: this has nothing to do with Bubba and I and everything to do with what Jesus has done in our lives.  All glory belongs to Him!

I think that the end/beginning of the month is my favorite.  Last night, while sitting around with my hubby I was cleaning out my coupon binder.  It was a cathartic cleansing and I felt much lighter and organized afterwards.  I now have room for all the new coupons I clipped out.  There are times when I get overwhelmed with the sheer number of coupons I have but the end of the month provides me the opportunity to say "out with the old and in with the new"!  My binder is temporarily lighter than it's been all month.  :-)

Well, without further ado, here are the totals for May.  Can you believe it is already June?

Total Shelf Cost:  $721.25
Coupons:  $339.59
Store Discounts:  $248.86
Rebates:  $2.00

Total Out Of Pocket:  $132.80 for a savings of 82%.

This breaks down to $33.20 a week. 

Year To Date Totals:

Total Shelf Cost:  $3129.88
Coupons:  $1261.62
Store Discounts:  $1163.48

Total Out Of Pocket:  $704.78 for a savings of 82%

I have used $1261.62 in coupons...now tell me that that $52 a year newspaper subscription isn't worth it!?!  :-)
We have $9500 saved up for Israel.  I mentioned before that it will cost over $10,000 just for the trip and that doesn't include any kind of spending money or a small emergency fund (lost luggage, etc.).  We still have a ways to go but the trip part is almost paid for.  I was talking to someone the other day about the Israel trip and how it will be paid for before we leave the US...we can completely enjoy this vacation without worrying about how we are going to pay for it when we get home!  I am absolutely convinced that debt-free living is THE way to go!

How did you do on your grocery totals this month?  I would love to hear from you!
Standing on His Promises, Mrs. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment

We can't wait to hear from you!