Amazon

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A New Challenge

I am issuing myself another challenge.  :-)  Are you guys surprised?  Since receiving that gift card yesterday, the wheels in my head have been turning and turning.  How best can I use the gift that God sent me?  Here is what I came up with:  I am going to track the shelf cost of everything I use the gift card to purchase and see just how much a $250 gift card can buy!  I would be...beside myself if I was able to buy $1000 worth of groceries for $250 but I will set a goal of $700.  What do you think?  Should I go for a larger or smaller amount?

Definitions:

Shelf cost = the cost of an item before sales and coupons

Groceries = anything you can buy at your average grocery store including personal and beauty products, however remember that we have a separate budget line for pet food so I do not include that in any of our numbers

OR

I could go to Publix and pick up a bunch of stuff that rarely ever goes on sale and stock up my freezer, ie: steaks, chicken, ribs, produce, ground beef, etc.

Which one would you do?

Standing on His Promises, Mrs. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment

We can't wait to hear from you!