Amazon

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Good Trip/Bad Trip

I went to Kroger yesterday and spent way more money than I wanted to.  The funny thing is I still saved over 40% on the trip but it wasn't as good a trip as I'm used to.  Not that I mind but I was backed into a corner a little bit to buy things that aren't on sale at the moment.  Some friends are getting together for Easter lunch after church and I didn't have a couple of things on hand in my stockpile so I had to come out of pocket for them.  It's all good though!  I told the hubby that this might be the month that I don't make the goal.  Thank goodness it's a challenge instead of a necessity.  I know for some of you out there, reducing your grocery bill is absolutely necessary.  Keep hunting down those deals and adding to your stockpile so you don't end up like I did and busting the budget!

I went to Publix and (gasp) Winn Dixie today.  I NEVER shop at Winn Dixie because their prices are ridiculous, they don't double coupons, and our store is dark.  However, they have Campbell's cooking soups on sale B1G1 and I had 2 printable coupons for $1/2 which made them $.15-.20 each.  I bought 2 cans of Cream of Mushroom and 2 cans of Cream of Chicken.  The trip to Publix was a breath of fresh air after my trip to Kroger.  I spent $24.22 and bought $76.81 worth of groceries.  I could have done better than that but I haven't watched my RiteAid videos so I could print out a $5 off $25 coupon.  It would have been a $19 trip if I had!  :-)  I purchased 4 Yoplait Greek Yogurts for free,  made $.50 on 2 boxes of Chocolate Cheerios, picked up 4 fridge packs of Fanta for $10 plus 2 free 2 liters, spent $.38 on a box of Quaker Instant Grits, $1.50 on Land O Lakes butter (for baking), cheap Swanson Chicken broth and cheap Del Monte canned veggies.  Overall it was a good trip and I get to add several staples to my stockpile.

Standing on His promises,
Mrs. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment

We can't wait to hear from you!