Amazon

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Target Trip=Tax Only

I went to Target this morning while there was a lapse at work.  I knew exactly what I was going in for and where it was.  I picked up the following items:
1-AirWick iMotion Ultra
5-Tide (travel size...it's one load per packet)
1-St. Ives Face Scrub (travel size)
1-St. Ives Lotion (travel size)
4-Dial Nutriserum Hand Soap
2-Arm & Hammer Toothpaste (travel size)
A pair of small gift bags in the $1 section

I had the following coupons:
1-$2 off AirWick iMotion Target coupon (printed from their website)
1-$5 off Air Wick iMotion (manuf. Q)
5-$1 off Tide (manuf Q)
1-$1.50 off St. Ives Face Scrub (manuf Q)
1-$1 off St. Ives Lotion (manuf Q)
4-$1 off Dial Nutriserum Target Q (printed from their website)
4-$.35 off Dial Nutriserum (manuf Q)
1-$2.50 off Arm & Hammer Toothpaste (manuf Q)

Total before sales and coupons:  $30.88
Paid out of pocket:  $1.10 (tax only)

The cashier reduced the Tide and St. Ives coupons down to $.97 since that is how much each of them cost.  The others she didn't fool with but at the end the cash register handled it.  The $2 Q for AirWick was reduced to $1.95.  I also got $.05 taken off my bill thanks to bringing in my own reusable bags.  :-)

I will probably use the Arm&Hammer toothpaste as gifts to my friends who are going to the Ukraine on a mission trip, the Tide is going to a friend who typically makes her own detergent but doesn't have the time right at this moment...the Tide will "tide her over" until she can make some more, the hand soap will be used at our home, the travel size St. Ives I haven't decided yet!  I might put the lotion in my purse for when my hands get dry.  The AirWick iMotion will probably be something that I will yard sale.  I have 2 at home, a rain check for 4 from CVS (all free), and the one I picked up today.  I don't need that many iMotion starter kits (with the thing that sprays).  It it was just the can of spray then I would hold onto them but it's the whole kit.

I almost laughed out loud when I walked out of the store.  My husband went with me when I went to Publix Saturday and knew how much I had spent at Kroger the day before that.  I spent nearly the entire $70 for the 2 weeks in 2 days!  He said, "I guess you won't be shopping at all for a while."  I just smiled at him.  With a trip to Kmart where I paid less than $5 out of pocket, a Walgreens run (a money maker trip), a CVS trip, and now a tax only trip to Target...and I'm not done for the week yet!

Standing on His promises,
Mrs. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment

We can't wait to hear from you!