Amazon

Friday, March 12, 2010

Operation Christmas Child Conference

I'm in Atlanta for one more day.  I'm having a good time, meeting all kinds of folks who love OCC as much as I do, eating great food, and learning even more about the ministry.  I wish I had the time to type up all the shoe box testimonies that I've heard in the past couple of days but I would be up all night!  God is all over this ministry and I'm so grateful to have a church that loves it too.  I heard some crazy statistics from the National Director of Distribution for Mexico tonight.  He is in charge of training up volunteers to get the shoe boxes FROM the shipping crates TO the churches and towns all over the country.  He has a full time job on top of what he does for OCC.   In Mexico this past year they had 200,000+ children come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ through a simple shoe box gift!  Then he told us that 70,000+ adults (teens and up) ALSO came to Christ...all because of a shoe box!!  Does sharing the Gospel get any easier than this?!?  The churches follow up with discipleship material for 12 weeks after the shoe boxes are handed out.  There is a graduation ceremony for each child who goes through the discipleship material and then they are given a New Testament.  One of the last lessons each child learns is how to share their faith with their friends.
I knew this was a great ministry but just like Covenant Care Services doesn't stop their ministry when the adoption is finalized, Operation Christmas Child goes beyond giving out a shoe box and sharing the Gospel.  Thank you, Second Baptist, for loving this ministry.  Thank you for serving with me all these years.  It is a pleasure to be the "face" of OCC at Second.   Love you guys!
Standing on His promises,
Mrs. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment

We can't wait to hear from you!