Amazon

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Organizing Coupons

There is no right or wrong way to organize your coupons.  You've got to find the way that works the best for you.

Baby Sam's Mama:
She takes the coupon inserts that come on Sunday and writes the date on the front and sticks it in a drawer with all the other coupon inserts.  This is great because grocery list blog sites typically lists the coupons by the insert you can find them in (SmartSource-SS, RedPlum-RP, P&G Saver-PG) along with the date.  It will look something like this:  $1/1 Dove Deodorant RP 2/28.  If there is a deal on Dove Deodorant then she will pull out the RedPlum from 2/28 and cut out the coupon then head to the store.  This works great for her!

Mrs. Bubba:
I use the binder with baseball card inserts and dividers.  When the coupons come in I cut them all out and then file them away in my binder.  I have dividers set up that, for the most part, correspond with the aisles in the grocery stores.  I need to be able to see all my coupons instead of leaving them in the inserts.  Also, I can take my binder with me when I shop just in case there is something on clearance or an unadvertised deal.  For example:  I was in Target the other day and Crest Whitestrips were on clearance for $10.  I flipped through my binder and pulled out a $7 off 1 Crest Whitestrips coupon and was able to score a $15-25 package of Whitestrips for $3!  The binder and inserts work for me because I can see what coupons I have at a glance.

Another way:
I saw a woman outside target with 2 shoebox size plastic containers.  She had dividers in it and her coupons in the dividers.  She took both boxes into Target with her so she could have them handy if she found a deal like I did.  I asked her what she thought about her system and she was very pleased with it.  You have to find a system that works for you.  There are several good ideas out there.

What do you do?

Standing on His promises,
Mrs. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment

We can't wait to hear from you!