Amazon

Thursday, May 13, 2010

His Word Wednesday-Late

My life verse is Psalm 130:5.  I found it shortly after I became a Christian and He spoke straight to my heart through that verse.  At the time I was waiting to see if I would meet and marry a Christian man.  It was several years before that question was answered and didn't happen until I was perfectly content with my singleness.  In fact, I had mapped out a 10 year plan that had nothing to do with dating or marriage!  When I set the plan in motion I met and married my sweet, sweet Bubba.  Now, if you are waiting on the Lord to bring a Godly spouse into your life...writing a 10 year plan isn't the "formula" to get a future spouse.  :-)  The point was that I found contentment where God had me, single and solely His.
I had that verse engraved in my husband's wedding band.  Psalm 130:5 "I wait for the Lord, my soul waits and in His Word I put my hope."  I waited on the Lord to bring the man He had been preparing just for me into my life.  I am SO GLAD I waited!!!  I see couples who are miserable with their choice of spouse on a daily basis.  I hear the men complaining and the women griping.  Now, neither Bubba nor myself are perfect by ANY stretch of the imagination but we are perfect for each other.  He is gifted in ways that I am not and vice versa.  My husband is a giver with a servant heart with an amazing personality.  People are just drawn to him, he makes them feel valid and makes them laugh.  It's one of the things I love the most and admire about him.  In contrast, I have a "prickly" personality and a "glass half empty" life view.  His sunny personality and "happy-go-lucky" atittude is balanced with my daily dose of reality.  :-)  I promise it works.  He makes me laugh and I remind him to take out the trash, take his medicine, and to call his Mom on Mother's Day. 
Last week I mentioned a couple of things that we are going through right now.  When I thought Psalm 130:5 could be filed away in the back of my heart I find myself turning to His comforting words in that verse again.  I wait for the Lord!  Aren't we all waiting for something?  Perhaps you are waiting for someone to call about a job, or for the doctor to give you a clean bill of health, or for your prodigal child to come home.  Maybe you are waiting for a spouse who has turned his/her back on you and the children to come to their senses and come home.  For us its the wait for children and reconciliation with family members.  Its the wait for our hearts to heal and for God to tell us what direction we need to go in next.
We can't put our hope in our spouses, children, Pastors, parents, teachers, or even ourselves because we are ALL human and make mistakes.  Even though my husband loves me with all his heart he still hurts me on a regular basis and I him.  Sometimes I hear the words coming out of my mouth and immediately know the damage they will do and yet I can't stop them from coming out!  I hate that but it's why I needed a Savior and why I have to have His help every single day.  If you are hurting or wandering or waiting you can turn to the ONLY ONE who will never abandon you or forsake you.  The One who will forgive and heal you no matter how deep the wounds.  I promise that none of you were as far away from God as I was when He whispered my name in the University of Georgia library that October evening.  My heart, soul, and life were shattered because of what I had done.  There are no fingers to point, no blame to place, I made the choices and I wasn't doing a good job living with them.  He was the ONLY ONE who could pull me out of the mud, clean me up, and put me in the Land of the Living.  He is why I wake up each morning and get out of bed.  He is my strength, my reason for living, He is why I put one foot in front of the other.
If you are in a hurting place then repeat this verse over and over:  Psalm 130:5 "I wait for the Lord, my soul waits and in His Word I put my trust."  Then find the following song and let it sink into your soul.  Ask God to give you the strength to wait on Him but remember not to jump out in front or you will fall on your face.  You are loved!

Lyrics to While I'm Waiting by John Waller
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Takeing every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord


Standing on His promises,
Mrs. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment

We can't wait to hear from you!