Amazon

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Month End and Year To Date Totals

 Boy am I glad April is over.  Now that it's May, I can start fresh with the grocery budget.  Here's the breakdown for the month of April:

Total Shelf Cost:  $819.24
Coupons:  $386.37
Store Discounts:  $255.61
Rebates:  $38.03

Total Out Of Pocket:  $177.56 for a savings of 78%. 

This breaks down to $44.39 a week.  I told you I broke the budget!  Ugh.  I can't believe it!  I was doing so good.  Oh well, live and learn.

Year To Date Totals:


Total Shelf Cost:  $2408.63
Coupons:  $922.03
Store Discounts:  $914.62

Total Out Of Pocket:  $571.98 for a savings of 80.91%

This comes out to about $35.75 (I'm just using a 4 week month whether it has 4 or not).  I guess I'm not as far off target as the numbers above suggest when you balance it out with all the other months.  I just don't like seeing those numbers up there.  However I do like the Total Shelf Cost compared to Total Out Of Pocket and the savings percentage!

Israel Update:  We have saved almost $9000 for the trip.  We are just over $1000 shy of what we need but we still need to save up for spending money while we are there.  I did send in a deposit of $600 the other day so we are really, really, really going on this trip!  Have I mentioned how excited I am?!?  We are even going to get to see one of my cousins while we are there!  I haven't seen her since she was about 4 or 5 years old.

For a little while I was at a loss as to what I would write about once we had all the funds we needed for Israel but we have decided on another goal.  Once Israel and the spending money is all saved up for...by the way, this will make it a PAID FOR TRIP before we even get on an airplane!!!  Did I mention I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being debt free?!?  You can do it too.  Okay, back to the subject at hand:  the next goal will be home improvements.  Our home is around 20 years old, so are the floors, the AC unit, the siding, the roof, etc.  We have our work cut out for us.  Also, while we are doing home improvements we will also be squeezing pennies to try and have the house completely paid for in under 5 years.  If I get a full time job then we could probably do it in less than that (which means I can get a larger home much quicker)!!!  I stand amazed at what and how God has worked in our lives.  I thank Him daily for my husband's job but more importantly, my husband's character.  We decided before we got married that we wanted to honor the Lord with our finances resulting in us doing all we could to be debt free.  I brought all the debt into our marriage but as soon as we said "I do" Bubba tackled it as if it was his own.  We paid off the remaining credit card debt I had, then tackled the truck payment (we haven't had a car payment since), and then the second mortgage we had on our home.  All paid off within the first 4 years of our marriage!  All because of the man of God I married.  The character of the person you marry absolutely matters and when you marry someone who lives for Jesus Christ and wants to follow the path God has for them, in general, you can't go wrong.  My Bubba is fun loving, athletic, out-going, and generous but he is also a solid man of God who puts Jesus before everything and everyone.  Whew, have I told you lately how blessed I am?!?  I just love that man!

Standing on His promises,
Mrs. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment

We can't wait to hear from you!