Amazon

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Pottery Painting

I'm probably one of the last hold outs on going to one of those pottery painting places to hand decorate something.  When it comes to painting and pottery the best I can do looks like a 3 year old did it.  I don't put colors together well especially when the color that you are painting it is NOT the color it will end up being!!!  My brain doesn't work that way.  So, when the women in my Sunday School class wanted to do a ladies get together at the local pottery place, I groaned, literally.  I totally wasn't going to go but one of my friends, Baby Sam's Mama, LOVES to do that kind of thing.  She emailed me all day yesterday to find out if I was going and could we ride together and all those female details that we need to know.  I went, seriously, only because she wanted to go.  Just being honest!  Once again, I'm glad I went!!!

We went to Art By U on the corner of Hwy 41 and Gunn Road.  The address is Byron but it's not all the way into Byron.  The "studio" is very well laid out and every thing is easily accessible.  The ladies that were working last night were BEYOND helpful and encouraging.  I walked in and was immediately overwhelmed by all the white pottery pieces that there is to choose from and thought, "This is never going to happen."  If they hadn't had finished pieces throughout the store then I probably wouldn't have done anything.  In one corner I saw something that I liked and asked how it was done.  The great thing is they have books and books of ideas if you are like me and can't look at a blank "canvas" and visualize anything.  They have varying sized sponges, all kinds of stencils, and if that isn't enough they will print you something that you can trace onto the pottery with trace paper.  That is what I did so that I could color in the lines!

I ended up doing 2 pieces...not 1 but 2!!!  :-D  I made us a decorative plate to hang somewhere in the house, remember...I don't visualize anything.  I also made a little something for my Mom for Mother's Day.  I won't say what but I will post pictures after next Sunday because I think she reads my blog. ;-)

I had fun (I mean I really had a good time painting those things).  I think it was extra fun because of the ladies I was with but I had a good time.  There was a mother-daughter duo there and a father-son!  When we were wrapping up a few friends came in on a double date night...do you think Bubba would do something like that with me?

If you have never done pottery painting then I highly recommend it!  You don't have to be artistic or creative OR have a steady hand.  Just go and the folks that work there will walk you through everything and you will have a good time.

Standing on His promises,
Mrs. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment

We can't wait to hear from you!