Amazon

Monday, May 10, 2010

Unique Father's Day Gift

If your Dad is a "good ole boy" like mine and you can't think of what to get the man who buys what he wants when he wants it, check out this site: Grizzly Blades.   This is a shameless plug for my Dad's hobby, he makes custom knives.  Not pocket knives, I'm talking knives with beautiful handles and strong blades.  The kind of knife that most men would display on their mantle.
We stopped by Dad's on the way home from Mom's yesterday and was treated to a tour of his workshop.  I've seen it a couple times but I think it was Bubba's first time.  I'm a woman with barely a need or use for anything he makes but I'll admit, they are beautiful.  The handles are what always catch my eye.  My favorites are the ones made with pakawood, marble/corrianne, and antler.  I have a few butter knives he made me out of deer antlers and they are great!  The pakawood (I have no idea what that is) is real nice because it has multiple colors.  When he shapes the handle the colors come out.  However, you can't go wrong with one of the beautiful natural woods that has all the swirls or grain visible.
So, if you are in the market for a one of a kind gift for that one of a kind man, check out Grizzly Blades for a custom made knife!

Standing on His promises,
Mrs. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment

We can't wait to hear from you!