Amazon

Monday, May 10, 2010

Very Well Written-Abortion Recovery International

Do ALL Moms Truly Celebrate on Mother's Day?!
Today is Mother's Day in the United States!

Mother's Day is a beautiful holiday, celebrating the blessing of motherhood and honoring mothers, grandmothers, aunts and those who've "been like" mothers to us during our lifetime. We enjoy planning our gifts, what we'll eat and with whom we'll share this very special day.

It's a day where children might think of their biological mother who placed them for adoption Others may reminise of mothers who have returned home to Heaven (as unfortunately, my brother and I do).

We ache alongside mothers who have lost children to illness, accidents, miscarriage, stillbirth or infant death.

But what about the MOTHERS who have lost children to abortion?  Yes, I said "mother"!

Sadly, the Saturday prior to Mother's Day is still a full business day for abortion clinics. Women enter these clinics as mothers and walk out as mourners.

What do we do for these mothers?  Do we grieve FOR them?  Grieve WITH them?  Do we even give them permission to grieve?  Do we acknowledge their motherhood?

My two abortions didn't make me a "non-mother"....
        ~ my abortions made me the mother of unborn children!

What is your family doing for Mother's Day? Taking Mom to brunch, buying presents, making special projects at school. As you gather around to celebrate Mom, think... Is there someone missing from your family tree?

What about your church?  Are they celebrating ALL mothers, or only those who have children that can be rocked, watched on the soccer field or who's college tuition needs to be paid?

This year, please consider ALL mothers.... 1/3 of women in the United States have lost a child to abortion. She could be your girlfriend, grandmother, aunt, sibling, work-out partner or even your pastors wife. Reach out to just one and let her know that you empathize with her loss of motherhood.

I love being a mother. It is the core of my existence!  My 22 year old son lights up my life everyday. But when asked how many children I have.... you might be surprised at how I often answer:

"Four," I'll say. "My amazing son Davis and three in Heaven: Dylan, Dory and Donika!"

Happy Mother's Day to ALL Mothers!

May the day bring you reflection and heartfelt thoughts of our unborn children in Heaven, and the Mothers that will grieve those babies today.

Please honor our unborn and count them by name! God does!

Big hugs and Happy Mother's Day!

Stacy Lynn Massey
Makuahine (Hawaiian for mother)

~ If you or someone you know is hurting from a past abortion, Mother's Day is often the hardest day on the calendar!  Please let them know that they can find help at our Abortion Recovery InterNational CARE Directory: http://www.abortionrecovery.org


Abortion Recovery InterNational (ARIN) is the first Christian non-profit association of peer and professional counselors helping to restore lives and relationships after abortion.
We Are...
  • Encouraging and Extending healing opportunities to those hurting after abortion.
  • Enlightening society on the affects of abortion on individuals and families.
  • Educating others through continued education, conferences and specialized training and awareness opportunities.
  • Establishing and Equipping a world-wide association of Abortion Recovery CARE* Centers/Teams united in mission, cohesive in nature and similar in practice.

Abortion Recovery InterNational, Inc.
5319 University Drive #252, Irvine, CA 92612
info@abortionrecovery.org
1-866-4-My Recovery

My son, Stephen, and daughter, Joy, are in heaven too.  So, that makes me the mother of 2 who are in heaven.  I am at peace with the forgiveness that God has extended me after my abortions but that doesn't mean I don't miss my children.  Do you know someone who had an abortion?  When was the last time you encouraged and loved on them?

Standing on His promises,
Mrs. Bubba

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Mrs. Bubba for sharing our eVoice. Archieved copies can be found on our website: http://www.arininc.org

    ReplyDelete

We can't wait to hear from you!