Amazon

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

His Word Wednesday

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.  The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep.  And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.  The God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. ~ Genesis 1:1-3  (NKJV)

My God, The God, the Creator of everything.  The God, my God, in whom I stand in awe.  He is time, created time, and is outside of time.  He created the earth, the world, the universe and yet He created me and you.  He paints the rainbow, gave flowers and birds their magnificent colors, and He knows me by name.  How do I know that?  In October 1996, on a Wednesday night, in the silence of the University library, He called my name.  "Beloved.  My creation.  My precious child."  My heart leapt within my chest and I knew.  I heard, not the thunder on the mountain tops or the whistling of the wind through the trees, but that unmistakable still small voice.  He whispered to my heart, "Heather, it is time."  It is time.  Time to turn from the mistakes I had made.  Time to stop carrying the weight of the guilt and shame I had been carrying for so long.  Time to relinquish control of my life to the One who created life.  Time to realize that the horrendous torture of the cross was for me, because of me, because He loved me enough to die for me.  It was time to look into the tomb and see that it is still VICTORIOUSLY empty!  Jesus is not dead!  He sits beside the Father and whispers my name.  His hands are still outstretched but this time instead of receiving death they are outstretched in love to give me, us, life!  Victory.  Peace.  Hope.  Joy.  Abundant life.  Eternal life in heaven with Him! 

Have you heard Him whisper your name?  Do you hear it now?  Turn off the iPod, the TV, the email, the cell phone.  Sit down, open His Word, listen.  Do you hear it?  He KNOWS your name!  He's calling out to you today!  He loves you...MORE THAN LIFE!  I beg you, I beg you, I am begging you to answer Him when He calls your name.

I love the first couple of chapters of Genesis.  I love the fact that when scientific community cannot give us answers about how life began, God's Word is full of answers and Truth.  I'll be honest with you, as a business major in college the origin of life was not a hot topic.  Bubba on the other hand, as a chemical engineering major was confronted on a daily basis by non-Christian professors who spouted untruths about Darwin and the big bang theory.  It was the first time in his life that he was not prepared with an answer for the hope that was in his heart.  He, unlike other Christians, was confident the answer was in the Bible.  After we got married, he and I went on journey to find the truth about the beginning of time so that if and when we were confronted with scientific theory we would have a concrete Biblical and scientifically accurate answer.  :-)  Happily, the first 2 chapters of Genesis in the Bibles that we were using at the time are very colorful (highlighters and pens), the pages are crammed with notes, and they are worn thin.  Ahhh, the look and feel of a well loved and read Bible.  :-)

I am not going to get into any kind of debate over the origin of life.  I will, however, point you in the direction that we wish someone had pointed us in many years ago.  Do you want to know that what you read in the Bible really is the Truth?  That God's Word is infallible?  In the first 2 chapters of Genesis when God's Word says "day" does it mean a literal 24 hour day or a time frame of unknown length?  Where did Cain get his wife?  If we cannot trust the first 2 chapters of God's Word then why should we, or anyone else, trust or believe in John 3:16?  Head over HERE and get answers for those questions.  Answers in Genesis has leading scientists in all kinds of fields who answer all kinds of questions.  How was the Grand Canyon formed?  Why do we find sea shells on top of very tall mountain peaks?  How old is the earth, really?  Can you explain carbon dating and why they get millions or billions of years?  Other than the creation information they have this AMAZING DVD about the extremely complex way God created the human body.  If you aren't pro-life then you will not want to watch this video because you WILL change your mind when you see the scientific evidence that backs up the Biblical truth that all life is precious.

Blessings,
Mrs. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment

We can't wait to hear from you!