Amazon

Friday, February 19, 2010

Online Shopping...Have you signed up yet?

There are tons of sites out there that you can sign up for to save money while shopping online.  Unfortunately, not all of them are credible.  There are 3 that I am willing to stand behind because I've used them and KNOW that you will get paid.  Here they are:

Upromise~Okay, so they don't send you a check or credit your PayPal account but they do put money into an account that you can later use to pay for your college or your child's.  I've been a Upromise member since '01 or '02 and I have over $30 in my account.  Now, that isn't much but I don't have any aunts/uncles, grandmas/grandpas linked up to our account (I hope the reasons are obvious).  Every penny of that $30+ has been from grocery shopping and having my Publix, Kroger, Winn Dixie, or CVS card scanned.  A couple pennies here and fifty cents there has added up over the years.  If you have family members who link up to your account through their shopper cards then you will do well.  I do not, however, endorse the credit card (just a disclaimer).

Ebates~I think I've mentioned this before.  If you go to ebates.com, search for the online store you wish to shop at, Ebates will do the rest!  They track your spending and keep a running total of what you have earned.  You get $5 just for signing up!  Sometimes the money back is 1.5% of what you spent and sometimes you are looking at 10% back.  One deal that I enjoyed was when OldNavy.com had men's jeans deeply discounted, plus I had a discount code, a free shipping code, AND I shopped through ebates.com.  I bought my Bubba 3 pair of his favorite jeans and each pair were under $10 each!  Now, free is better but I haven't figured out how to get free clothes yet.  :-)  I have already received and cashed my January rebate check.

ShopAtHome~This site is very similar to Ebates and seems to cover the stores the Ebates doesn't have.  I will be forthcoming in telling you that I will go to Ebates first and only if they don't have the store I am looking for will I head over to ShopAtHome.  Why?  It's a silly reason but it is a reason:  ShopAtHome requires that you have $10 or more in rebates before they will send you a check.  The check I received from Ebates was for just over $8.  ShopAtHome works the same way Ebates does, you need to go to the ShopAtHome site first and then through their site to the store site.  You will get $5 just for signing up.

I hope these are helpful.  Send me any questions and I will do my best to find the answers!

Blessings,
Mrs. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment

We can't wait to hear from you!