Amazon

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New Recipe

If I was really good, I would be able to tell you how much this recipe cost me....but I'm not that good.  I did, however, try a new recipe that I thought I would pass on to you.  It comes from the cookbook "The Four Ingredient Cookbooks" by Linda coffee and Emily Cale.  We eat A LOT of chicken because...well I like it.  Bubba gets tired of the same old chicken recipes so I am constantly searching for a new one that he will like.  I found one tonight and it was e-a-s-y!

Busy Day Chicken
Bake at 325 degrees for 2 hours

1) 2-3 pounds of chicken pieces (this means, legs, thighs, breasts, etc.)
2) 1 cup rice, uncooked (I used brown rice and a little more than 1 cup)
3) 1 package dry onion soup mix
4) 1 can cream of celery soup

Place rice in greased casserole with chicken on top.  Sprinkle with onion soup.  Mix celery soup and two cans water; pour over the above.  Bake covered.  Serves 4 to 6.


I am so excited to have found a new recipe that I could use and was tickled pink that it was so easy!  Friends of mine said that it sounds like it could be cooked in a crockpot but I wouldn't know how long to cook it for.  I do know that my oven has the delayed timed start so this is definitely a possibility for Sunday after church!  This recipe will make it into my 'go to' recipe book so I can always find it.

Do you have an easy and delicious recipe that you love?  I'd love to hear about it.

Blessings,
Mrs. Bubba 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We can't wait to hear from you!